Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Reaching a students mind

 Reaching a students mind 


Parents of “today” are often kaanFused(confused) about “what's going on in my child's mind? 😧 πŸ€””

( That's not beCause that today's kid of 9 yrs is high_tech_complex. Our ears( kaan,) are fused to subtle listening 😜 ( mind's chatter)


Not that I ‘qualified’ myself ‘academically’ into a big psychiatrist πŸ™.  Sometimes a drowning guy happens to learn to stay afloat under constraints πŸ˜“. ( I volunteered for backup support of spiritual program for 6+ years. Insight into minds got bulldozed into me😭)


A joke:

I give a title to this joke : JUST_PASS (πŸ˜‚)


1998 or so….this story!

A dejected mom in our neighborhood wailed requesting my sister: “ can you please do something? My daughter always falls short of a few marks to pass in her maths exam. The tuition teacher refunded this month's advance_fee saying ‘i can't help this kid to pass the 3rd standard annual exam in maths’.  Only few days leftπŸ™πŸ˜“”

My sister with her disclaimer:” i am willing to try, but no guarantee, when a professional tuition teacher has given_up”.


I saw my sister struggling to ‘speak’  to that kid, being an asthmatic. I said, “just pass? Let me try”

I did a little spade_work.

Narrowed down to a ‘sure chapter’ in maths where that kid is ALSO SURE to flop 😜

Fractions — ( the ‘type’ of koschans/questions,  made my job too EASIER.  But, the teacher had thought of that type to make her_job easier😜. )

Koschan model= “identify & mark the proper & improper Fractions in the following:

a)⅘, b)9/7, c)16/23, d)⅜ (etc)


Moms look at such questions, keeping her child's innocent ‘face’ in the mind and think :  “ 😑😑😑 ΰ€¬ΰ€š्ΰ€šे ΰ€•ी ΰ€œाΰ€¨ ΰ€²ोΰ€—े ΰ€•्ΰ€―ा???”( Do you intend to squeeze the ‘life’ out of MY dear child???)


My software (own A.I.)

I knelt down on fours. Asked my brother's daughter ( in 2nd class, yet to hear that monstrous word “FRAC_SHUNS”, rhyming like fracture_de_bone) to climb on my back( piggy_ride).

Asked that blank_eyed kid : “who is bigger ? Me, or this girl riding my back?”

Student: you.

Me : is it not okay/proper for a smaller kid to sit on a larger_me?

Student: Yes! Weight is bearable πŸ‘


Now, i asked my niece to kneel down on 4’s. I feigned ‘riding’ on her, taking care not to”park” my bottom on that tiny girlπŸ™ ( ΰ€œाΰ€¨ ΰ€¨ΰ€Ήीं ΰ€²ेΰ€¨ा ΰ€šाΰ€Ήिΰ€ ΰ€₯ा πŸ˜“। No intention to snatch that innocent ‘life’). Kept a 2 centimetres gap between her back and my bottom —weight on my bent_knees on either sides of her πŸ˜‚)


Me : now? Who is bigger?

Student: you!!! She can't bear your weight πŸ™‚ ( that ‘smile’ lit up my hopes πŸ‘… “careful now” i warned myself… drive carefully, hairPin bends ahead, Ghat section! Tiny grasp might fall off steep_hill)


Me: is not BAD or improper for me a larger fellow to sit ‘upon’ a small child who is smaller_than_me?

Student: Yess. Bad …bad…

Me : okay, improper to do such bad things πŸ™πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘


Me: you know numerals 1,2,3,4,....99,999, 1,00,000?

Student: yes! Learn’t it in 1st itselfπŸ‘

Me: good!  Larger number later isn't it?

Kid : yes

Me: i write numbers one below the other ½, ⅔, etc …. But by mistake I wrote 10/9 😭

wrong isn't it? “Improper” says your ‘maths’ teacherπŸ‘ ( Gently squeezing-in the technical maths_term “improper “


Kid nodded ( that vocalised “yess” vanishedπŸ˜“. A warning sign of body_language for meπŸ™)


( After few more similar ‘gimmicks’)

Me : “Think of me & this tiny girl’s visuals in your question paper, while answering ‘Fractions’. Larger number will cause bone_fracture sitting above a small number. Scold it writing “improper 😑’’.... Rest of it “okayπŸ‘ proper”..



In short…… that kid PASSED 😜

That mom did google_pay of her “thanks” to my sister. 

I tolded/told my sister : “don't worry , income tax returns don't mandate declaring income like ”thanks”  under own PAN number in tax_returnsπŸ‘”

Sister: “youuuuuu 😑😑😑”


( How can we ‘blame’ school teacher, managing 50 kids?  Impractical to teach each kid with a ‘unique’ customized CIRCUS examples like this πŸ˜“πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™


And we parents are obligated by nature to infuse correct values in a kid during its FORMATIVE stages of Concepts_formation πŸ™)


Thanklessly yours,

psn(30 Jul, 2026)

No comments: