Disincentives among us
Yes.
Nature doesn't discriminate.
Our minds do π€£
I had a boss, who was in-charge of some 25 people under him. He resisted strictness, harshness etc. Obviously, there have always been a few who take_advantage of any leniency π. Late coming for work went unpunished. Only a request “please be on time” after a dozen late arrivals. Slowly, even those who were punctual due to fear_of_punsihment yielded to the temptations of bold ones. That boss lamented to me, one day (I was the only fool who is much before time throughout my lifeπ₯), saying “I feel sad, my leniency gets punished by my own family(staff) π”. I offered a solution “Sir, I will gift wrap a pencil and you present it to me, as a reward for my stupid punctuality, despite the absence of any risk for late_coming”. He didn't ‘give a damn’ to this suggestion π.( I didn't remind him that he routinely orders me to ‘man’ three counters till the latecomers arrive π. A disincentive gifted to me dailyππ)
Honesty, sincerity, punctuality, discipline, and such stupidities go unrecognised today.
There is a disincentive too at times π€£.
A couple younger to me by ten years invited us for the wedding of their daughter. Being close relatives, it was customary to pack a load of cookies as a return gift, needing a week to eat it. The host found a dozen of large sets left over, when the oldies declined it saying “cholesterol, BP, sugar, diabetes, ulcer” etc . All were 60+ and the cookies were expensive (specially ordered with ghee etc, but ranking as ‘junk food’). The lady host, handing over 6 packs instead of 1 said “your hubby has no food restrictions, so you can(must) take these”. At home, I quipped, looking at the stockpile of 6 weeks “disincentive for being healthy” ππ
( My humble guess is, spiritual bijness is the only arena where, positive traits get incentivised unerringly by nature/divinity/whatever π. Inability to refrain from punishing goodness seems to have come to stay as ‘second nature’ in usπ₯)
No wonder, the ‘devil’ somewhere up there, is relaxing with joy, since we are doing his job unto each other π( moral stories are limited to kid_age pastime only).
Unfortunately, the design of human physiology is stubbornly resistant about adapting itself to negative qualities of mind π. Chronic ailments flourish proportional to negative traits π
Anyway yours,
psn(23 Jul 2026)
Post script:
Forget about the absence of a structure in the “design” of koschan_paper in my school, to find out if I grasped the ‘concept’ in the science subjects(by-heart fetches centumπ). But my classmates, whom I met 56 years later are irritated when I ask “do you remember the rectilinear propagation of light?” Only two of them said “seems like having heard of it somewhere π”. I had to compromise sharing the memories of only our stupidities at school, not the concepts we learnt. No marks for grasp of life Concepts either ππππ
No comments:
Post a Comment