Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2026

Accidentally selfless

 Accidentally selfless


Yep!


That's how I am able to classify myself when i slogged for some 11 months at my work place, and ended up clearing a backlog of 15 years of unreconciled inter-branch-transactions, reported to my branch by Head office ( reconciliation dept). I didn't bother about, nor was there any recognition for this task, though I got 99.99% of the thousands of them unreconciled for 1½ decades😜.

Now, I can ‘safely' disclose the source of fuel in me “where did the money go then?” Stock in trade is paisa, where I worked πŸ™

Others couldn't manage a deeper focus, because it was a BORING job( search for a needle in a haystack and you will agree 😜)


For me, it didn't seem to qualify as a selfless act ( 11 months, average 10 hrs a day, is no jokeπŸ™). 



What's this “selflessness which the saintly guys advise”??? 


I used a bogus story.

I am (say) 10 years old. Hungry. I hold a slice of bread. I sight a kid of 2 years, more hungry than me, sitting on the footpath, looks like a beggar woman's kid. “Let him have it” i thought πŸ€”. The kid looked happy holding the bread greedily ( innocent greed,πŸ™). Suddenly a street dog snatched it from that 2 year beggar πŸ˜₯. What do I do now? Anti-rabies injection, 14 doses around my stomach( 1960’s), not worth a risk for retrieving it from the dog. ( Is the dog selfish/greedy? Unlikely πŸ™.  The dog doesn't have ‘issues’ with ‘self awareness’ 😜. Only thereafter the koschan of selflessness for that 4 legged creature πŸ™. It has an embedded software, designed for self_preservation and propagation of its species. No ‘ethics’ to itch the conscience like me😭).

This bogus story digged a few more thoughts in me 😳. Like, “can selflessness be a quality that can be ‘cultivated’ in exclusivity of other virtues? “  I had a similar ‘problem’ with humility πŸ˜₯. Not an exclusive thing, but a consequential ‘label’.


A mosquito bites the little finger of my left palm. The forefinger of my right  palm ‘rushes’ to scratch that little finger 😜.  Ofcourse a ‘selfless’ act of my right forefinger πŸ‘. ( Mind you, I am only narrating ‘what worked for meπŸ™’. The reader can dismiss it with a laugh πŸ‘). Clue for me : inclusiveness. Both the fingers are a part of meπŸ™. Therefore, selflessly the scratching act of forefinger on the little finger 🀘.  Anything that works for me is good enough πŸ™, whether world/Google A.I. etc approves it or not πŸ˜‚.



Highest levels of selflessness seems to be needed for the ‘blessings’ to ‘work’ . Oops! As per my_personal findings, inclusiveness is a_must, if I like to try the gimmicks of blessing somebody, or receiving it from the other, to translate into something ‘fruitful’. 

A switch blesses a bulb to light up, only if the connectivity, energy and receptivity are in ‘working condition’ ( my personal experience only πŸ™)



Blessedly yours,
psn(26 Jul 2026)


No comments: