Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2026

Unwittingly a Guru

 Unwittingly a Guru


🀣


Yes, I ended up into one, when “stupidity” was at its peak in my life.

The hidden potential, if it is of spiritual significance, an illiterate fellow becomes a “maha Kavi Kalidasa” 😜.


1975, I was a junior to a very lovable colleague by a year, when the recruitment “policy” blessed himπŸ™. He was from an impoverished family, and belonged to the caste eligible for reservation πŸ™. I came to know of this background too late, when caste_politics entered our staff, 3 years after I joined. Till then, he was “just” a colleague seated next to me, doing well, the same stupid work of maths_addition( we don't ‘need’ to use the functional form of subtraction 😜. Very few ‘noticed' it). 


I found him “compatible” with my perspective of “duty”. The “base” for taking our mutual bonds further, seemed adequate.  


Over an year, I found him ‘liking’, admiring, and even feebly attempting to imbibe my perspective πŸ˜₯πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” ( sequence of icons are real πŸ™).


I was STUPIFIED when I saw his “rate” of digesting my “way of looking at things/peepals(people)”, and easily getting adapted to using those concepts πŸ˜“


I started ‘experimenting’ with sharing of deeper_perspectives, in its conceptual form πŸ™. ( The apt word is Nazariya! Perception).


I didn't ‘realise’ at all, that my efforts constituted communication of a precious skill (only recently I managed to verbalise it) called “How to learn”.  He simply swallowed that bitterest pill, like a terminally ill patient desperately trusting an ‘available' doctor and gulping an ADT-mixture tasting bitter 😜. ( ADT is a slang of my kid age AnyDamnThing… a GP used to give it for any damn thing that caused a fever. It worked πŸ‘πŸ™).


What I ‘thought' was, he accepted to imbibe my_way_of_ perceiving things. ( practically, it was a learning skill 😜).

Obviously, it took 2 yearsπŸ™( both, the teacher & the taught were idiots 😜). Ideally a Guru might_have_needed only 2 weeks for a pre_fabricated student πŸ™. 


Well, he got transferred to his parents place of residence. His Economy improved instantly ( one kitchen). He decided to invest in literacy(+2, B.A. and then LLB, if I remember right). The 3 years with me was below ground level (basement) of his evolution process, inconspicuous. Superstructure became superfastπŸ‘. His honesty and integrity was insulated by the ‘law’ which protected harassment against the reserved class. He retired as an AGM, deserving it by_merit, though the guys who conferred it used the process to substantiate it as compliance of quota_rule. Evidence of this, I found in his “sharing” with me,  after our_retirement (we met only onceπŸ™) ….. when he conveyed his gratitude 😜 saying “yaar, I did get a chance to inspire others, with what you gifted to meπŸ™. I got posted as a principal of a staff training College, from where I retired πŸ‘. I poured out your concepts of nazariya, with supporting evidence of my life, as a promotee. Next time you visit my city, remember to inform only_me of our visitπŸ™. I have debts to repay, via mehmanNawazee, to a possible extent”. He didn't get a chance to host me. His time got over very soon after our ‘review’ meeting of 2 hoursπŸ™. He is no more πŸ™πŸ˜“.



He doesn't ‘know'....  I am far more indebted to him. It takes a lot to become a guinea pig for the scientist experimenting on a live organism πŸ˜­πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™. Just my luck, that the damn thing worked πŸ‘



Uselessly yours,

psn(12 SEP 2026)





Postscript-punch

Like-it-or-not…

A kid born to me is a guinea pig, granted by nature, and is in CONFORMITY with existing social+ legal lawsπŸ‘. We call the experimentation as ‘parenting’ 😜

No comments: