A rare & unique Argument
Quite understandably, we use the term “argument” loosely+interchangeably with its nearby words like discussion, debate, conversation etc. Probably, the mathematical sense does a bit of justice to the word.
I just liked to quote a story, which seems to me, to be presenting a stubbornity as a ‘standing' argument π.
Story:
Once, the desi saint, Madam Meera Bai, on her journey to somewhere, came close to a hillock. She came to know that a great Yogi resided on the top of that hill. Naturally, eager to meet anyone evolved and famous for their spiritual bijness, she attempted to climb on.
A disciple who stood guard at the foot of the hill stopped her saying :”my master doesn't give audience to females. I am ordered to prevent the females attempting to visit him”
Meera Bai, paused, and requested that disciple to convey her message to his “master”. The message was “Very sorry! I was under the illusion that there is only one Purusha( male) in this entire universe! I have come across a second one π”. And she walked away.
That disciple was a simpleton. He didn't know what to make out of such strange message. But his common sense stood in ‘good_stead’ for him. He ran up the hill, conveyed the message verbatim to his master. That yogi instantly understood the taunt at his stupid “standing argument” ( Won't see a female). He scurried down the hillock, ran after Meera Bai, prostrated with apologies+gratitude and became her_disciple.
Story over.
What happened to the “rule” that it is the Guru who decides upon a disciple?( If this question doesn't arise at all, to a reader, it could be due to one of the 2 reasons π. They could ‘sense’ the compliance in the hearsay_story, or they don't even know why it didn't occur π³)
My head_on collision with a rare argument:
“So…. there's no dhauti( a posture) for people like me eh????” Said a fresher to me at a center for backup support where i was volunteering for freshers to get their practices corrected.
I had no reply to this”argument”. He had a huge pot belly which cannot allow his neck and head to bend forward to touch his knees in a kneeling postureπ
I surrendered to the ‘boss’ inwardly saying ”your turn Bossπ…handle this argument π”
And then, I was used as a conduit pipe π. The reply through me hit that guy hard like never before. He reached the that goddam posture silk smooth and took 2 minutes to regain his spine & head up ( normal kneeling). I was stupified π³. He was in tears of gratitude. He stood up. I said “hey! We just started. Why did you stand up?” And he said “this was more than i can take today. I shall come later”( i don't think he returned soon. Never met him again, after that first meet).
I learnt ‘about’ argument and was taught about what a befitting reply can be π.
If our ego can be called as our argument, not bothering about the English grammar in it etc… the hunt for a reply could take us ‘places’ π€£πππ
Arguably yours,
psn(3 Sept, 2026)
No comments:
Post a Comment