Search This Blog

Sunday, September 01, 2024

Getting Noticed

 Getting Noticed


I detested limelight even as a kid. I got into trouble, whenever I got-noticed for something “good” in me!


The problem arose, only when a conflicting desire arose in me :((

I liked others to “notice” something of value to them as-well. And when I had to convey it, it had to accompany credibility. For credibility, it need an authenticity of my personal experience, and that …..involved allowing myself to be noticed. Sad thing for me!



Well, the track record was like this ……

As a kid, I made sure that I remained a mediocre in eggJams/exams. Average kids are ignored!


I discovered a “concept” 

There are teachers( of all 6 kinds—-1. The teacher who gives you information is called: Adhyapak.

2. The one who imparts knowledge combined with information is called: Upadhyaya.

3. The one who imparts skills is called: Acharya.

4. The one who is able to give a deep insight into a subject is called: Pandit.

5. The one who has a visionary view on a subject and teaches you to think in that manner is called: Dhrishta.

6. The one who is able to awaken the wisdom in you, leading you from darkness to light, is called: Guru.

Sanskrit is perhaps the only language that has such a refined vocabulary to distinguish the different kinds of teachers.)

…… there are teachers of all kinds, among whom….

……there are those…..who matter, and those who don't!. 



I discovered….

that….

I couldn't  EVER escape the notice of those who mattered :))

School….. a teacher/male_Sir, noticed me, and nicknamed me “genius”( much to my embarrassment. CR_sir.  

Another, gave me  “good” in my homework book saying “1st time, I am giving a good” ( I considered it as a PhD πŸ™, since he was mathematics, every cell of his being😰)

At college, a prof declined to take a “new” chapter, if I was absent. He later became a VC, at Nagpur univ. ( princi noticed that this-prof said a pre-empting “good_morning"to me first, ….while he merely nodded to greetings of others. A distinction-of-sorts ….

At law  college, a legendary practicing advocate gave me an unprecedented privilege, causing a huge revolt among students union etc, but “of no avail”.... 

At workplace too, a few did-notice….but they were helpless in elevating me since the institution was a govt_undertaking where “merit had zero value” 😜 ( I remained a clerk, effortlessly).


A dean of dept of neurological sciences, at an Australian university of medical sciences, “noticed” me SIGNIFICANTLY, when he remarked at the end of a 4 hour chat “India is perhaps the only-place, where people like you are ALLOWED to maintain a low-profile!” 



Paradox :

Gurus, ensured that they NEVER-MISS-TO-NOTICE a potential candidate for spiritual evolvement ….

I failed here…. πŸ™…. I invariably bumped-into too many of them.

Spirituality, being a “mystic-bijness” by its_very_nature, wasn't going to oblige me from escaping un-noticed .    it dawned on me much later, that I was almost being-chased ….by unearthly-beings 😜…

And, the tragedy was, …quite unwittingly……I ended up into a FIRM RESOLVE…in my teens saying unto myself “no point searching-for-a-Guru….just keep refining myself incessantly, such that, I dont escape their notice!”( I still don't know……which one worked…..my efforts or their range-of-vision!)


Anticlimax (😜)

A road sweeper, old, decrepit,  ugly looking, aged, hunchbacked,  was “noticed” by me ! ( his eyes pleaded “please, πŸ™….don't  reveal me”... and I used my eyes to say a “okay, yes/done!”...). But, I had the freedom to tell my sister to “keep an eye on him” when that group was dusting the road in front of my home….  He responded to my sister's stare, quietly blessed her and walked off, hunchbacked…. That evening my sister just asked “hey! How did you know, ( that he is an evolved being?)????”( I celebrated my sister's choice… it was not “was he worth looking at?”... instead, she acknowledged my visibility, and merely asked “how is-it-done”?)



That was about getting noticed πŸ™



IMPERCEPTIBLY yours,

psn (1st sept., 2024)


PostScript: all those names of those who noticed me ….are all dead, including my sister . So no “issues” of infringement-rights, copyrights, patent rights, etc ….. from them 😜😜😜






No comments: