Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2024

Customisation as a concept

 I was mentioning a joke of my kid age.


We were allowed to wield a fountain pen when we reached 6th class.


A good number of my friends hailed from "urdu" speaking families. When a kid from urdu-family borrows my pen, I warn him " don't write urdu with my pen and spoil my nib ๐Ÿ˜ก..." he laughs heartily ( urdu is written from right to left, unlike other languages.



The reference to "nib"  poked into my untapped memory cell ๐Ÿคฃ



It is obsolete now, but a good joke at least.

In 6th, we were allowed "fountain pens" ( ball point was prohibited.  But it was like prohibiting "vodka" in chittur thekke-gramam... any way, ball point was rare๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ™)



The nibs were cheap and therefore rough. If we write too fast, nib might tear the paper  ( only costly nibs were "tipped" to write smooth)...



Kids....that we were....

some of us grip the neck as if trying to hold a hen which might fly away if held loosely.

This tight grip aches a few palms. Another fallout was, nibs get twisted soon. 

This twisting, if it goes beyond a certain angle, the split at nib widens, and flow of ink floods๐Ÿคฃ.... 

We had a "variety of casualities" due to wrong use of weapon called ink-pen/fountain pen.

My "observation" helped me, to help them....

They just give their pen and say " ps....please make my pen write smooth. " a day later I take back my pen, and they check if...I made it smooth! Only in a few cases, I need to bend the nib gently to adjust to that kids way of holding the pen ( little did i know at that age....๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™.... I was learning the _*basics of customizing gadgets*_ a concept ๐Ÿ’ก)....  this concept of customizing it to fit somebody like a tailor-made garment.... helped me to do far better as a volunteer in spiritual programs, for some 6 plus years. I could devise ways to make freshers adapt faster to certain subtle processes and turn their attention inwards to experience some vibes, flutters, movements inside them๐Ÿ˜œ... the usual 5 sense organs aren't going to help, to experience your inside. These 5 sensory tools open outwards only๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ



Thought......you might find it tolerable to read!


Adaptably yours,


PSN (16 june 2024)

No comments: