Friday, September 18, 2026

Dissuasion

 dissuasion


The main culprit responsible for hidden talents remaining suppressed in kids, when their ‘learning’ curve is at its peak πŸ˜€ 


And it is with the best of intentions πŸ™πŸ˜­, and therefore, very little scope for noticing the latent negativity in it .


A kid is at the precarious tall branch of a tree, and the mom shouts “Don't fall πŸ™” . The kid wonders “how not-to-fall?”( Mind is habituated to a “don't do this, don't do that” list πŸ˜€.  So, a prefix “don't” is by default, and the rest is “whatever occurs”.   A conscious speech might “try” something like “hold firmly to the branch, till you get help to climb down”


“ Knife might injure you dear… wait till you grow ‘intelligent enough’ to use it without bleeding yourself πŸ˜‚” might be a persuasion instead of”don't touch it(knife) 😑😑” a dissuasion that can give birth to other negatives in a kid like “oh, this elder can be so angry at me, elders can order a helpless-dependent kid, they hate more often than love,  when busy, they scold, love when nothing else to do?”( Endless chain of thought process 😜).


When “don't” are in majority, “do’s” feel like an imposition πŸ˜‚ ( “ do your homework first, or else no dinnerπŸ‘πŸ˜‘”.   Kid within himself ”tell that to my stomach …’cause its making noises due to hunger.”



Probably, the root of our problem is….

1). We are using the “don't- list” with only good intentions 

2). Even gourmet chants daily “don't touch unidentified objects– i.e.d. “...  I knew QED in geometry πŸ™πŸ˜“). “Don't tell OTP/ don't give mobile number/ don't, don't, don't 😑”

3) endless list. ( I desist from elaborating negatives ) We can recall a good number πŸ‘


In short, a kid reads it on the wall “don't ever try anything on your own” .  He is left with one option 🀣.  Copypaste answers from MEMORY only, during eggjams! High cut-off guaranteed to gain admission in NEET, JEE etc. ( GRE/TOEFL needs ‘different’ skills sets, but manageable. The west needs phoren currency πŸ‘).


One ‘legend’ i recall hailed from coimbatore. A dropout, who revolted against “don't do this-that”.  He Disrupted several times “this can't be done except this_way_only”.  He left behind minds puzzled for perpetuity, by operating 5 routes with just 3 buses😜. (The ‘normal' is a ‘spare’ bus per every 3 routes😜…  Illegal, and hence, I came to know only through his close buddy, very reliably. Unofficially, he printed currency on textile printing machines 😜. All the while facing the “dissuasion Gang” of “don'ts” till he diedπŸ™).  Name? I won't disclose too openly. I revere his “spirit” πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™





Rare positivity at my school (1958–1970)

“do what you like, free period “ said the school peon adding “except for noise, next room a class is busy”. A teacher is on leave …..   50 kids in a prison cell (classroom without a teacher for 40 minutes πŸ™). What can go wrong??? Kids start “WONDERING” and switch on their innovative potential “ what ALL is possible without any noise?” ( no smartphones those days 😜, otherwise, no need to wonder, think etc. today's mom finds a handset “handy” to tame a kid πŸ‘. She is oblivious to the permanent disability getting implanted in the kid πŸ˜“— his ‘frame’ gets a stunted_growth 🀣).


Did I dissuade a response or feedback EVER? 😜.  But I am not disappointed either πŸ‘.   Even the copypastes littered in TerraBytes are deleted with a button “select all” ( wholesale!).  My texting is irritating only because they disturb the mind often πŸ™. I look for the absence of a positive response and then i do the “Houdini trick”( a famous magician’s vanishing act).


Unappointedly yours,

psn(18 Sept, 2026)



PostScript humour:

A lady, expert in “don't” came to the centre for backup support ( i was volunteering) to collect ‘valid don'ts’ to dissuade her sister-in-law from subscribing to next program of yoga class.


“Money doesn't grow on trees😑” she began.

I gave a list of “don'ts”

“Don't allow your brother's wife to join πŸ™. I got inextricably trapped..

I don't lack spare time 

I don't get small ailments like headache 

I don't get confused

I don't need too much sleep 

I don't acquire ambiguity in thoughts

I don't mince words.

I don't lack clarity

I don't get tired/fatigue

I don't seem normal ( because of many ‘don’ts’ i got afflicted with πŸ˜­πŸ™)


She too decided to enroll 😜( Double expense. It seems, she mentioned me during a feedback at the end. I don't look for bouquet)

No comments:

Post a Comment