Thursday, June 25, 2026

Stubbornity, firmness, and flexibility

 Stubbornity, firmness, and flexibility 


One blessing in disguise is that my blogs are seldom taken too intensely.( Only one out my 1000+ blogs ‘caused’ a rare and one of the coveted states of spiritual experience. Neither me or that reader can claim any ’credit’. Closest explanation is, like a huge spill at a petrol bunk, with the air super_soaked with the oil, waiting for a spark from a humble matchstick at the edge of the ‘area’ 😜)



My spiritual teacher is a “super” example for me, to learn the ‘basics’ of life πŸ™ 

It took 3 decades for me to even understand his extra_flexibility in handling ‘me’ as his own_commitment towards the disciple decided upon by_him.  Otherwise, his_flexibility towards many others was like God's own flexibility towards humans😜(“do whatever nonsense you like for a million lifetimes πŸ‘.  Eventually, you will seek Me”). My teacher's firmness at its subtlest should have been ‘the’ reason for his flexibility unto me! πŸ˜‚.  



Becoming aware of one's own stubbornity is very basic to living meaningfully πŸ™. And this awareness leans too heavily upon the need of understanding ”firmness” with utter clarity.

We relax our stubbornity under great stress, mental tension, anxiety, fear etcπŸ˜‚. Perhaps, anger is the only negative emotion that adds to own stubbornity πŸ™


I leave it at that …. 😜

( I thank my flexibility, which is a gift from my firmness about the reasons thereof πŸ™)


Firmly and flexibly yours,

psn(25 June, 2026)



Post script:  I can confess here! I haven't been able to adhere to the 110th verse of chapter 2, of Manusmriti, despite decades of consistent efforts πŸ™.  My own stubbornity is awaiting for a clarity about the need to adhere to it effortlessly πŸ™. Till then, my firmness is my stubbornity in disguise 😭, and I am painfully aware of this self_deception 😜


No comments:

Post a Comment